Expository Essay Contest.
Junior Achievement Essay Competition WEB jpg Debate Central National Center for Policy Analysis.
american history essay contest high school Los Angeles Police Department nd Place Black History Month Essay Contest Winner Samuel B family.
DNA Day ASHG INPIEQ.
Essay contests with large prizes.
Sparta Woman s Club hosts essay contest SavannahNow.
Florida Division of Emergency Management News Archive MLB com high school student resume template word Google Search.
Maryknoll Essay Contest for Students Pinterest winners in table website graph.
Essay contests with large prizes The Learning Network The New York Times Riverside Dickens Festival High School Essay Contest .
Young Patriots Essay Contest Win Scholarship Money For Thomasyna Towery of Rancho Viejo Middle School accepts her award as the regional winner in the.
Junior Achievement Essay Competition Junior Achievement of Portland Press Herald AP Rubric b.
Middle School Poetry Contests Creative Communication Profile in Courage Essay Contest John F Kennedy Presidential Sonoran News Profile in Courage Essay Contest John F Kennedy Presidential Sonoran News.
top school essay editor site for university.
Global Classroom s World Citizen Essay Contest World Custom school essay writer website for mba Successful Steps To Good Essay Writing.
Announcing Our Student Contest Calendar The New York Times American History Essay Contest Dar american history essay Twenty First Star Chapter NSDAR Announces American History.
Best ideas about Essay Competition on Pinterest Essay The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America.
Contest essay middle school Los Angeles Police Department .
Winning Essay by Kevin Kay John F Kennedy Presidential altadenablog.
Teen Writing Contest Alabama Writers Forum.
South Middle School students captured three of the top five places in the middle school division of the sixth annual Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce Essay .
Home McCowan Middle School JFK Library THE BEST ENTRIES ARE INVITED TO BE PUBLISHED .
It s All Write Contests Ann Arbor District Library Humanities Tennessee zed writing contest mm r.
Essay contests for high school students on ayn rands books Portland Press Herald High School Resume Examples for College Admission Sample Resumes.
Home Sweeny Junior High .
Lovell inn contest s inhospitable end A glance behind a hotbed of The World History Association.
Bishop Hogan Memorial School a rural Catholic school for grades K Student Essay Contest.
Past Winning Essays John F Kennedy Presidential Library Museum Two men presenting a Field Student with a certificate for Patriots Pen Essay Contest Field Middle School .
College essay contest winner World Affairs Council middle school essay contest .
Gettysburg Area Middle School Sixth grade student wins state award Americanism Essay Contest winners .
Lesson Ideas Writing Prompts the readiness is all.
Maryknoll Essay Contest for Students.
Lesson Ideas Writing Prompts the readiness is all Queer Foundation Three South students excel in Chamber essay contest South Middle School .
Best ideas about College Admission Essay on Pinterest Teach .
To kill a mockingbird essay contest Penguin Books USA.
Encourage a high school student to enter the Martin Luther King Jr Essay Contest Deadline for San Diego Unified School District.
school essay ideas Prompts for Argumentative Writing.
District Schools Ingleside JFK Library.
Lesson Ideas Writing Prompts the readiness is all INPIEQ The Random House Inc Creative Writing Contest for NYC High School Seniors.
Jeana Norton presents to rising th grade parents about transitioning to high school https t co CTfpRIaRfN.
Wisconsin Public Radio Pinterest.
Middle school essay contest Essay Academic Writing Service.
WeAreWC on topsy one.
Middle School Poetry Contests Creative Communication The Random House Inc Creative Writing Contest for NYC High School Seniors.
Sparta Woman s Club hosts essay contest Gettysburg Area Middle School Sixth grade student wins state award Americanism Essay Contest winners .
Ingleside Middle School Winning Essay By Zhen Tu.
Essay e .
Richmond Hill Middle School student wins essay contest Juniata County School District A Knock on the Door.
top school essay editor site for university JFK Library.
Home Rainbow Middle School.
Thomasyna Towery of Rancho Viejo Middle School accepts her award as the regional winner in the.
American Museum of Natural History s Young Naturalist Essay Southeast Wisconsin Festival of Books Essay Contest.
Follow us on Social Media.
To kill a mockingbird essay contest.
DNA Day ASHG.
Essayfeedfeed On Money Is Something But Not Everything DARE America Jeana Norton presents to rising th grade parents about transitioning to high school https t co CTfpRIaRfN.
Global Classroom s World Citizen Essay Contest World .
Queer Foundation Essay Contest Thomasyna Towery of Rancho Viejo Middle School accepts her award as the regional winner in the.
Fire Safety Winner.
Writing Contest The Museum of the Cherokee Indian JFK Library The Prior Lake Savage Optimist Club Essay Contest asked students to write a short piece Asked StudentsHigh School .
Richmond Hill Middle School student wins essay contest Arlington Public Schools Profile in Courage Essay Contest John F Kennedy Presidential Sonoran News Profile in Courage Essay Contest John F Kennedy Presidential Sonoran News.
Lee Middle School th Grader wins Young Georgia Authors contest American History Essay Contest Dar american history essay Twenty First Star Chapter NSDAR Announces American History.
Essay e .
Esl argumentative essay editing website au Servicios de Energ a Esl argumentative essay editing website au.
Matthew Waltman first place winner of the Profile in Courage Essay Contest Portland Press Herald.
LAPD Academy Graduation Class Los Angeles Police Department World Affairs Council Essay e.
Four Way Test ESSAY Contest District Ann Arbor District Library.
Bishop Hogan Memorial School a rural Catholic school for grades K .
zed writing contest mm r.
Contests for Students United States Institute of Peace altadenablog Congressional Seminar Essay Contest Gallery.
Century Fence Middle High School Student Essay Contest .
High School Hero Essay Contest Winners.
middle school essay contest middle school essay contest .
W L Announcements Washington Lee INPIEQ WINNERS OF THE VOICE OF DEMOCRACY ESSAY CONTEST .
top school essay editor site for university Student Essay Contest.
Scott Vierick Lina Sorg Rebecca Sherwood and Jenny Uehling High School essay contest.
american history essay contest high school.
College essay contest winner Capture.
Nassau County Long Island New York Illinois High School Students Participate in the Annual European Union Center Essay Contest.
Student Essay Contest Oklahoma City National Memorial Museum Calling For Submissions to the MajGen Harold W Chase Prize Essay Sweepstakes Calling For Submissions to the MajGen Harold W Chase Prize Essay Sweepstakes.
The High School Heroes Essay Contest Junior Achievement of New York topsy one.
Maryknoll Essay Contest for Students.
Cadbury National Essay Competition for Schools Certificate or Merit to Catrin Davies x The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America.
Home Rainbow Middle School INPIEQ Maryknoll Essay Contest .
Greater Kansas City Crime Stoppers.
Sparta Woman s Club hosts essay contest WINNERS OF THE VOICE OF DEMOCRACY ESSAY CONTEST .
Best ideas about Writing Contests on Pinterest Free writing Olmsted Falls Schools Weekly Blog Update WordPress com.
College essay contest winner JFK Library Bar Association Essay Contest.
WINNERS OF THE VOICE OF DEMOCRACY ESSAY CONTEST JFK Middle School .
Student Travel Writing Contest and With Scholarships Winning Essay By Zhen Tu.
MHS juniors were given the opportunity to compete in Indian Electric Cooperative s annual Youth Tour essay contest Competing against other schools in IEC s Junior Achievement of New York.
Winning Essay by Stephanie Dziczek.
Field Middle School Carrollton Farmers Branch ISD .
Home Rainbow Middle School Check out the artwork by BPHS Ceramics students Mady Condie Angelina DeFelice Dylan Lauritzen.
ince Schaff Semester at Sea Essay Contest winner Dylan Borne USIP President Voluntary Action Orkney.
Wangenheim San Diego Unified School District FYI Profile in Courage Essay Contest Profile in Courage Essay Contest Essays contests for high school .
Related post for Middle school essay contest 08
The Director of Awards and Special Projects is primarily responsible for the stewardship and implementation of two awards given annually by the Foundation: the prestigious John F. KennedyProfile in Courage Award, and the John F. KennedyNew Frontier Awards. In addition, the Director of Awards and Special Projects will be responsible for leading a variety of special Foundation projects that involve educating and creating awareness around President Kennedy’s legacy as a champion of peace, innovation, service, and inclusion. This position directs a research intern, and works in close collaboration with the Marketing and Communications; Education and Public Programs; and Development departments. The Director of Awards and Special Projects will report directly to the VP, Communications and Marketing, and on a case-by-case basis to the Executive Director for special projects.
The John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award™ was created by the Foundation in 1989 to honor President Kennedy’s commitment and contribution to public service. It is presented annually in May, in celebration of President Kennedy’s birthday, to public servants who have made courageous decisions of conscience in the face of personal or professional consequences. The award is named for President Kennedy’s 1957 Pulitzer Prize-winning book, Profiles in Courage, which recounts the stories of eight U.S. senators who risked their careers, incurring the wrath of constituents or powerful interest groups, by taking principled stands for unpopular positions. It has become the premiere award in the political arena. Recently the Foundation has deployed new digital strategies to bring to new and younger audiences a broader awareness and understanding of political courage and those who have embodied it.
The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation and Harvard’s Institute of Politics at the Kennedy School of Government created the John F. Kennedy New Frontier Award in 2004 to honor Americans under the age of 40 who are changing their communities – and the country – with their commitment to public service. The awards are presented annually to two exceptional individuals whose contributions in elective office, and non-elective community service or advocacy demonstrate the impact and the value of public service in the spirit of John F. Kennedy.
The Director of Award Programs also collaborates on The Profile in Courage Essay Contest for High School Students which is administered by the John F. Kennedy Library Education Department. The contest invites high school students to consider the concept of political courage by writing an essay on a U.S. elected official who has chosen to do what is right, rather than what is expected. This position participates in the contest’s selection process, and takes the lead in managing the award presentation, which is integrated with the Profile in Courage Award ceremony.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Director of Awards and Special Projects is responsible for:
Candidate Research, Nomination, and Selection
- Manage a wide-ranging and thorough nominations process, which includes extensive research and strong public engagement. Finding appropriate candidates requires high quality research through online sources, outreach to key stakeholders, and national and local news publications.
- Following a broad nominations process, identify award finalists for committee consideration.
- Prepare a thorough and accurate briefing book on candidates for review and committee selection.
- Ensure the success of the Committee deliberations, including developing successful relationships with Committee chairs and members through ongoing communications.
- Oversee logistics to support Committee members at meetings, and Award ceremonies.
- Provide staff support and guidance for Committee Chairmen and members, and to the Executive Director of the Kennedy Library Foundation in their roles on each committee.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Work with the Foundation’s staff assistant in coordinating all aspects of the annual Awards ceremonies, receptions, and ancillary events, including logistics such as invitations, programs, travel and ground transportation for honorees and principals, event times and locations, event flow, award acquisition, staging, guest lists, security, staffing, menus, photography, detailed briefings for all ceremony participants.
- Write principals’ remarks for delivery at Award ceremonies and other events.
- Work with the Development, Forum, and Marketing and Communications Departments in the planning and orchestration of Award recipients’ participation in development events and other Foundation programs.
- Conduct outreach to and maintain mailing lists of academic, civic, government, advocacy and political organizations, journalists, and legislative leaders and government officials to solicit nominations of candidates and promote knowledge and understanding of the Awards.
- Work with the Development department to provide ongoing stewardship of donors to the Profile in Courage Award Trust.
- Represent the Foundation Awards at appropriate community and political gatherings.
- Develop an alumni network of past awardees for ongoing engagement.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team on marketing and advertising strategies to broaden awareness of Award programs and deepen engagement among new and younger audiences.
- Work with the Communications team and key selection committee members in the planning and orchestration of award press conferences, and all media coverage associated with the Award(s).
- Manage and protect the Profile in Courage Award and New Frontier Award trademarks; working with Foundation legal counsel to establish appropriate trademarks and renew them; monitor usage of trademarked terms and send cease-and-desist letters when called for.
- Write, produce and distribute all marketing and promotional materials for Award programs, including advertising, web content, award ceremony programs, and invitations.
- Provide supervision and direction to intern(s), outside consultants, and vendors.
- Responsible for managing budgets for each Award program and projects as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BA in history, government, political science, or relevant subject; must have strong working knowledge of public policy issues on a national and local level;
- Track record of results and achievement in successfully managing high-profile programs or initiatives;
- Experience in management of selection processes, including work with board committees;
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, and solid judgment that engenders confidence from selection committee members, awardees, colleagues and key stakeholders;
- Strong project management skills;
- Outstanding writing skills, including ability to write inspiring and uplifting prose.
About the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation
The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization founded in 1984 to provide financial support, staffing, and creative resources for the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, a presidential library administered by the National Archives and Records Administration. The Kennedy Presidential Library and the Kennedy Library Foundation seek to promote, through educational and community programs, a greater appreciation and understanding of American politics, history, and culture, the process of governing and the importance of public service.
The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes an outstanding benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates are asked to send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Vice President, Communications and Marketing
John F. Kennedy Library Foundation
No phone calls please.